Monday, January 24, 2011

Fairy Tale of Failure


I jus sat job less thinking what I would write about when I suddenly remembered the face of the girl that I saw in the bus today who was crying…Quite a depressing way to start with..Well what I wanted to tell is what thought of mine provoked me to put this tale up on my blog..
I attended an interview very recently where the director of a company asked me what would upset me the most …I tried being diplomatic and acting smart answered him that I handle pressures  to a larger extent  and they don’t upset me much..And I am not some body who would let the pitfalls of any form hamper my work in anyways…I did not know then, if or not I was honest but a week later when they called me and said that my profile was not suitable for their job…I got my answer..I surely was upset with this fact that came by and I..definitely did not take it well…I was a little upset and took a break from work for tea..so that I deal with the disappointment..and yes I was upset cos I simply was REJECTED..
This must have happened to all of us that in one or the other sphere of life we were all rejected but we still always have this fear of being rejected or fear of failure in us..Now when this fear or failure is such a detrimental factor..why do I call this story of mine a fairy tale..Cos there surely is a beauty to it..And the beauty is the vast range of lessons this failure taught us..The beauty is the transformation and motivation this failure brought in..The beauty is the mere realization that you have accepted something  and had the guts to appreciate it with grace though you did not anticipate it..though you did not want it..
Now if I look at what was the contribution of a failure to a person..If it was not for the failure, we would not have realized the meaning of struggle ,a niche in giving up and loosing something, we would not have realized who are the real people who actually support us, if it wasn’t for a fallout we would have never known the mere fact that we as individuals could fall down and the extent to which we can deal with those kind of situations..If it wasn’t for a failure we simply would not take our quest for success so seriously..For us, an achievement would then be a mere sweet on a platter that is served to us everyday but a success after a failure is a real fruit to taste..Its a delicacy that adds colors in life..The colors of pride..


The key to success is PERSISTENCE. For

every “no” that you receive there could be a

“yes” just around the corner. Colonel Sanders

 who founded KFC was rejected 1009 times

before he heard his first yes and made it big

with his chicken recipe..He must have gone

through all the turmoil of a failure every single

time..but only to become the most successful

entrepreneur at 65.
What is more important is the after life that is followed by a failure…Its really important to keep the other stands and factors constant and untouched despite our own emotional or financial or professional fall out. If a fall out has motivated you to do better and made you a better human being then its appreciable but if you change or transform as a totally different individual then there is threat of loosing your own self which rather is a heavy cost to pay because of a failure..Is it really worth it???I do not think so..No teacher in school, no lecturer in college, no boss in a company, no lover  in teens, no relative  in family can ever rule out or reject what you are or what your capabilities as an individual are..We and we solely assess our caliber and know our potential…and when we know this there is no fear of rejection at all..
We are surrounded by millions of people who keep trying with a never give up attitude..But to us, the inspiration will be drawn from these people only after we faced a so called fall out. And at this point what really helps is that we understand the power of our inner self rather than getting inspired by their stories because - for all you know, your story could be different and also because it is U who has fallen or rather thinks that you fell and also because of the truth that you will answer your questions and help yourself rather than anybody else..It just needs a change in the way you look at it..Rather than feeling why it had happened to you or that you of all the people did not deserve it..Its always helpful to realize what did you do to deal with it..How have you handled it and how many ounces more strong have you become..And that’s how one could make their failure a fairy tale..At least this is what I believe..There is nothing bad in the world that’s created by God..We could attribute a certain beauty to everything under the sun including a failure cos it simply is a lesson learnt..There is no innovation without failure. Failure is not something you avoid!  Its something to embrace..

3 comments:

  1. plz dont mind.. difficult color to read.... not an user friendly color

    ReplyDelete
  2. BETTER CHANGE THE COLORS TO ENABLE US TO READ WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Are the colors any better now???:)Please let me know..

    Ramya

    ReplyDelete