Friday, January 28, 2011

Family Ties -I am thankful!!!Are you???

I had a hell lot of an emotional trauma this week because of the sudden loss of somebody very close to me but it taught me something very deep...That I had to be thankful for all you know...In fact I feel may be we should all be thankful that we have such wonderful people around who constantly support us and have many a times given us the feeling that they are there..May be it was unsaid but they are simply are the flavors that back us up so well even in times when they are not aware of what they had just done to us..We all call them FAMILY and may be I will not have so many thoughts flowing about them any other day than today so I thought I should put it across..

There have been several occasions where I or may be we all take them for granted and feel they are obliged or supposed to be there to support us..as if that is the very purpose of their existence..But as a matter of truth they very well are not obliged and the fantastic part is that they know it...But still they let us feel that they are doing their duty by helping us,by being supportive,by keeping a hand on our shoulder,by guiding us...by merely making us feel that we are not alone..In life's monotonous journey,we not only forget to appreciate them but we even sometimes tend to forget or ignore acknowledging their existence...We fail to give them their due importance and more..Yet they never crib or complain..They don't demand the attention we fail to give them.They just take care of us because they believe that its a part of life for them to do.They feel that its one of those millions of reasons why they are here..on earth..and they just silently keep doing it whether or not somebody regards their efforts..and that is the reason I call them WONDERFUL people..

This happens to me most times in a week that I am very busily getting ready since I got up late and have this irritated frown on my face blaming my lack of will power to get ready soon.This irritation though is there most of the days,I feel and still hope I should have got up soon and with this resentment decide that my day is bad early in the morning even before the day has fully started.I get ready in front of the mirror with this dirty frown when my mom relaxingly sings a song or cracks a very irrelevant joke that vanishes the frown and brings in a smile that in fraction of seconds makes my day good and I spread this smile of mine in my bus and in my team in office but never did I realise that I had to give the credit of turning my day so good to my mother who had no idea of what her song or joke had done to me..Of course she deliberately lightens up my mood when she knows about it but she does it many a times unaware of how it helps me..and I fail to acknowledge her efforts every single time..

We all tend to do this because these people are always going to be with us so why thank them..They are family after all..But how can family become after all???Having mere blood ties with you don't make them your own..Its the emotional ties that make people our own..I feel every person we are emotionally bonded to is family ..with or without blood ties...They have got no business to support us listen to our sensible or senseless talks,to bear with us and stand with us through thick and thin..But yet they are there...They see us fail and fall back and come to hold us then,they see us rise to success and accomplish our goals and they come to embrace us..They in short are a part of all our happiness and sadness..They are of part of us and our very existence..So can they be counted after all and ignored??definitely not..

It really makes me sick to see a large amount of emotional Holocaust that people go through only because they fail to share their problems with their family..It is intriguing to understand why a brother cannot talk to his own sister for years despite the modern technology.These people are all having blood ties ..then may be the reluctance comes with the lack of emotional ties..Many of us may be privileged with these strong emotional bonding but we are a little lazier to tighten these strands and make the bonding strongest...Well what I am looking at is a picture perfect life with these strongest bonds..Its not unattainable for sure..Just needs a little more effort than normal..



There could be so may reasons as to why we should be thankful to our own people,but one reason that none of us can deny is that they have taught us the essence of relationships,the importance of getting bonded to people and have a social life,the relevance of connecting with others...Its because of their presence that we don't loose trust on relationships where we fail,we might be hurt by a person but we don't hate or curse the relationship.They taught us what sharing and caring means not by mere words but by deeds,actions and their own way of life..

What I feel is..if we take a little time out to understand the intimate

Well ..Gods most beautiful creation is the world we live in and what makes it most beautiful are the people that live in there..Our own people..our own Family..whom we are tied till the roots and even deeper...So we should thank them..For the sense of belonging they gave us,for the security of life they provided us,for making the place where we stay a home where we could come back everyday and rest in peace with the only solace that they are there and we are not alone..They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter..Whatever our opinions are about family..at the end of the day we all need one..Family ties are simple yet they need nourishment care and consideration to make them a fantabulous picturesque..

I am a die hard Daniel Steel fan and so should the title of the article explain.This is an excerpt below from her book with the same name which I liked..

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/family-ties-danielle-steel/story?id=10872379

This post on my blog is definitely to all those I call my family headed by my grandpa who thinks I write great stuff and reads them all :)my very family-mom and dad(I draw most of my emotional bonding with people from my dad,he is just like me :)),my uncles and aunts and of course my 3 wonderful cousins ,who are just like my siblings who I share emotional ties with and not to forget my 5 best friends from college who I call my extended family(They never bother to read my blog but still...:))

A heartwarming and happy family is an earlier heaven:):)

No comments:

Post a Comment